Thursday, March 26, 2009

life support or support life?

so ive been meaning to write about this for the past week but i simply havent had time
so lets start with the scenario..
you have been in a sudden accident
and have fallen into a coma and the only thing keeping you alive is life support
and the doctor advises your family to pull the plug
and that even if you wake up you will simply live as a vegetable,
unable to think or do anything for yourself..
it is also possible that IF you wake up
you will not remembering a thing
not your family, friends, past life.. synch
so what would you want your family to do?
pull the plug on you?
or simply wait for you to wake up from this deep deep enchanting sleep and hope for the best?

hrmms.. well if it were i,
i would like you too pull the plug (full stop)
simple because it would be too much of a burden for the family to look after me
and the expenses too
but see if it were one of my family members..
i dont think i could live knowing ive agreed with the doctor to pull the plug on my family member
because then there would be a thousand ifs in my head
and all the regret ide live through knowing what i did
ide feel like a murderer

i forgot what else i was going to say but thats the bottom point i guess

3 comments:

  1. If i were in a coma, id want them to pull the plug.
    And if i were to decide about life and death for one of my family members, i'd pull it too.
    Not because im evil, and not because im selfish.
    But to see the sadness and burden left on ALL my other family members, and you would never get over it.
    Therefore, pull it. Play god.
    lol

    from me, linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE'S KEVIN? lol

    kim, if i remember correctly...was it you or vy who was defending/arguing for the other side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was me.
    i said if it comes down to it i cant pull the plug on anyone
    but if it were me ide want you guys to pull the plug
    and i was going to get a "do not resuscitate" band as well
    but i searched the net and its just a yellow band that can easily be confused with the lance armstrong bands
    and then i was wondering if i wore it..
    and my heart stops
    and i could have survived and still lived a normal life..
    and they didnt resuscitate me because of my band..
    would i regret it?
    so no band for me there.

    ReplyDelete