Thursday, August 6, 2009

blame game

(monday whilst johnny took me out driving to safeway)
kim: so are you going to be home tomorrow?
johnny: nopes
kim: wednesday?
johnny: nope
kim: thursday?
johnny: you want to drive me to the physio?
kim: yeh

(wednesay- tommy's birthday, dad comes home from work)
dad: tommy pack your books downstairs
tommy: ok
kim: let him do it tomorrow, its his birthday
dad: (who now remembers its his birthday after i reminded him)
ah ok ok
happy birthday tommy (in a fobby accent)
how old are you now?
tommy: 13
dad: woah, (looks to me)
he grows up so quick
kim: (shrugs)
dad: (looks towards me and jenny)
say happy birthday
kim: already did
jenny: happy birthday tommy

(15 minutes later, dad comes back upstairs)
dad: hey lets go to supper inn!
(if youve read earlier blogs,
the only time we have dinner as a family is during a birthday)
get up and get changed and well tell johnny to meet us in the city
(time- 5:40)
tommy and jenny: yeh lets go
kim: dont bother, johnny's busy
he already told me his not going home
well go on friday
dad: call him anyway, he can eat with us and then go back to liesel's house
kim: why bother
dad: fine (walks away and has his shower)

(time- 6:30, sound of keys opening the door)
dad: (at the coffee table having dinner)
wohaha (that happy kind of sound)
youre home today
we were going to go to supper in for tommy's birthday
johnny: why didnt you call me?
dad: kim said you werent coming home today

(johnny walks upstairs to his room)
johnny: why didnt you call me?
kim: you told me you werent going to be home
johnny: no i didnt
kim: YES YOU DID (really pissy mood)
you told me when we were driving
johnny: well you should have called me anyway
kim: well if you told me you werent going to be home on wednesday then why bother
we can go on friday
johnny: you have your rags or something?
kim: no, you just always piss the shit out of me
(end of dialogue)


so in the end my family pretty much blames me for not going out for dinner
because i no longer have faith in my older brother to put the family first.
(no offence but we have always been a second priority to him,
and if he doesnt admit it, then its a lie)
and i dont think i should have been given the blame
because if my dad had remembered tommy's birthday,
(which tommy reminded him on monday night)
we could have arranged to do something early on because johnny was also home on monday night
and i also texted johnny in the afternoon today
(not related to tommys birthday though)
but he could have easily asked me if we were going to do anything tonight
of if i wanted to do anything tonight for tommy
so everyone is to blame, dont just take it out on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment